Thursday, December 27, 2018

Hitting the Wall

For the last month I have taken time away from adding words to the novel I started last spring. The holiday season has clouded my ability to focus when I sit down and write. I gave myself a break and focused on day to day mom/wife/household responsibilities. Now that Christmas has passed, I feel ready to pick up where I left off on my story. 

I have come to a point in this writing journey where I need to add public goals to my work. So here they are, in no particular order: 

A. Finish the first draft of this story by the end of February 2019 

B. Have my draft edited and revised

C. Shop for a writing agent or begin the self publishing process 

D. Complete a daily very short story (VSS) on twitter for the month of January 

E. Begin writing out my memoirs/life story to give to my children when they are grown 

There they are. Five writing goals for the upcoming year. As of now, these goals seem slightly lofty, but attainable. I hope I can look back on this in a year and realize I exceeded all of these in ways I could not imagine today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment