Thursday, March 3, 2011

Grocery conundrum

Have you ever found yourself at the grocery store when it is really slow, and it's one of your big grocery days...sweet, right? Yeah, it's not that bad, until you get to the checkout counter, then everything goes downhill (well at least in my world it does), because if no one is in line, then that means an automatic competition between you and the checker....you are pressured to keep the groceries coming at a quicker rate than they can scan your items, I don't know about you, but I don't go to the grocery store to compete with the checkers, I go to get free samples, restock the fridge and pantry. That's why I prefer to time my shopping for times of the day and week that are moderately crowded, so that there is a buffer of at least one person for my cart unloading, then I can place my groceries on the conveyor without being judged by the checker, I can't help it if I am ocd about the order I unload my groceries (by density, using very a very complicated formula, it's actually quiteneurotic intelligent, and I wouldn't want bore you with the details).

That's just one of the day to day complications associated with an undiagnosed mild social anxiety disorder......don't even get me started on the 30 seconds at church when they ask you to say hi to the people around you. Is that really necessary? I mean, people are perfectly capable of saying hi to whomever they like on their own time, without being bullied into it by a worship pastor....will someone please bring me my paper bag?!? 

No comments:

Post a Comment